Come celebrate Halloween at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center! The 7th annual Goblins In The Garden event will take place on Sunday, October 28th, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Families can dress up in their Halloween finest and bring a camera to take memorable snap shots. Come dressed as an insect from our Butterfly Garden to celebrate its 10th anniversary and then join the costume parade through the courtyard at 6:00 p.m. Think butterfly, moth, spider, and ladybug costumes. Enjoy goodies from local vendors on the grounds or stop by the Wildflower Center Café for hot chocolate and other seasonal beverages and food.
For the kids
- Children can wear their costumes and trick-or-treat at candy stations throughout the gardens while stopping to visit with face and body painters, balloon twisters, a juggler and a magician.
- Explore the Not-So-Haunted Tower, where a witch casts magic spells and reads stories at 4:30, 5, 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.
- At 5 p.m., watch a puppet show provided by Hardy Har Har Productions in the courtyard.
- At 6 p.m. in the courtyard, children can strut their stuff in a parade while wearing their butterfly, bee, lady bug and other garden insect costumes. The parade will be led by Austin Bike Zoo's butterfly bikes, and will commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Ann and O.J. Weber Butterfly Garden.
- Follow clues for the ultimate prize in an owl prowl scavenger hunt throughout the evening.
- Learn to make a slinky snake, bat gliders and other arts and crafts in the Visitors Gallery. And in the Little House, figure out the foods owls favor by becoming an owl pellet detective.
- Collect a free treat at the store for children 12 and under, and enjoy a free Clif Kid bar.
For the family
- Go on a Scary Bird walk through the center’s Mollie Steves Zachry Texas Arboretum and elsewhere with members of the Travis Audubon Society at 4:30 and 6:30 p.m.
- Bring your camera and take memorable family snapshots of the insect parade or in our Pumpkin Patch, where monster heads will be available for kiddos to wear.
- Enjoy music by the Chalumeau Clarinet Quartet, and purchase pumpkin soup, brains and eyes (spaghetti and meatballs) and more from the center café.
Admission: $9 for adults, $7 for seniors and students, $3 for children 5 through 12, and free for Center members and children under 5. Sponsored by 93.3 KGSR and H-E-B. For more information, visit http://www.wildflower.org/goblins/ or call 512.232.0100.
Thanks to our Sponsors!
Want to be a sponsor? Contact us